In addition to solutions for employers, Bearence also offers programs for individuals. Our experts can provide you and your family with individual risk management, home, and auto coverage.

Homeowners Insurance


In the today's fast-paced lifestyle, it's more important than ever to make smart and informed decisions about your insurance needs.


If you are currently in the market for homeowners' insurance, and you've been looking for an agent you can work with as well as reasonable prices on insurance, you know this can be a very time-consuming process.


To determine the type of homeowners insurance you need, use the following questions as a guide:


Replacement Cost vs. Market Value. What is the difference?

While real estate value is one indicator of the value of a home, the cost to rebuild a home, especially after a loss, is directly impacted by the cost of materials and labor rather than the real estate value. The real estate value is affected by costs such as land value, depreciation, location and current economic trends.


Do you have a secondary home? Do you have rental property?


Do you own a condominium?

If so, do you have enough Additions and Alterations coverage? What does your condominium association require you as the unit owner to insure? Do you have enough coverage for Loss Assessment coverage/deductible in the event each unit owner is assessed? Every year unit owner’s need to check the by-laws for the association as they change on a regular basis.


Do you have a domestic employee?

If so, you may be required to carry a Workers’ Compensation policy. Many state laws require insurance if the employee earns more than $1,000 per quarter. Even if you aren’t required to purchase insurance, it is recommended you do so, as it will protect you from a lawsuit your typical homeowners policy may not provide coverage for.


Are any properties titled to LLC or trust?


Do you have enough coverage for water sewer back up?


Does your current policy provide identity theft protection?

If so, is it enough? Identity theft is on the rise in the U.S.


Is there a business on premises?


Flood coverage

Homeowners policies do not cover losses for floods. You may want to consider flood insurance even if you are not in a “high risk” area. Everyone is in a flood zone.


Do you sit on a non-profit board?

If so, is there enough coverage for each board member in the event you are personally sued? We can offer Directors and Officers coverage with certain carriers.


Hosting an event?

We offer event coverage through one of our partnered companies.



Valuable Articles


Items of high value should be insured separately on your insurance policy for loss or damage to the item. Most policies provide replacement cost on the items with no deductible in the event of a loss.


Most policies provide coverage for, but are not limited to:  theft, mysterious disappearance, breakage and loss to a pair or set.



Bearence can help you find the right coverage design to match your personal situation. We will provide services that best fit your daily routine and recommend coverage design changes as your life changes.



West Des Moines, Iowa

1045 76th Street, Suite 4000

West Des Moines, IA 50266

Mendota Heights, Minnesota

2010 Centre Pointe Blvd.

Mendota Heights, MN 55120

Omaha, Nebraska

8204 S. 109th Street

LaVista, NE 68128

Copyright Bearence Management Group - All Rights Reserved